View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 06:55 AM   #1
Metabolik

Unhappy My Dog Died Today

You remember when I said he was ill?
Well It got even worse, he had no muscle left in front leg, the tumor was getting bigger in his ankle and you could actually see how much it was expanding. In the end we ran out of pain killers, so the only thing we could do is have him put down. It wasn't fair on him, keeping him alive in that condition, the pain would have been unbearable without the painkillers.
We couldn't have the tumor removed, it had gone to far and even if it hadn't, giving him any anesthetic would have killed him anyway, due to his heart murmur.
I was there watching when they injected him. I actually saw my dog die.
It was horrible in the worst way I could think of, watching his eyes slowly close, he must have been so scared. In the end me and my Mum just broke into tears, she told me to wait outside.
All I have left of him is his collar. It's going to be hard to get used to without his horrible smell in my house lol. I'm going to miss him
We tried to make his final day as comfortable as possible, we gave him all the food we wouldn't normally give him, like bacon, chocolate, stuff like that.
We even let him drink my hot chocolate and he loved it lol, you could see it in his face and eyes.
His name was Theo and I've had him for about 5-6 years, we got him from one of my Mum's boyfriends. It's odd to think he was completely fine only a few months ago, running around like a lunatic, but one day he just suddenly stopped running, he couldn't even get up the stairs, we thought it was only cos age was catching up with him.
R.I.P Theo.
He died on Tuesday, 23rd September, 2008 at 1:47 Am.