View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #11
Catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
Not everyone goes through those stages, they are just what most people go through.

I'm sorry that you have lost your friend, just remember that you can't help what you feel, whether it be anger, sorrow, grief, or even happiness. Just try not to let those feeling take over and keep you from dealing with the loss.
It still isn't abnormal to feel angry at the person that died or is dying. Blaming others people and yourself is also normal and even engaging in odd behavior trying to recapture the feelings you had when they were around in negotiation.

There is actually a book about it. It is entitled, "On Death and Dying," by Elizabeth Kubler Ross. It talks about the five stages of coping with the death of a loved one. It can also apply to some leaving that is still alive and people who are terminally ill, because sometimes when we know someone will no longer be with us anymore, the stages begin.

Here is a link to the article:

http://www.seedsofknowe.com/dying.html

They state the phases as: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. That is roughly what I said.

Last edited by Catch; 10-03-2008 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Looking for the right link
Catch is offline   Reply With Quote