View Single Post
Old 11-03-2008, 05:29 PM   #182
PinstripesAndPithHelmets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godslayer Jillian
Allow me to remind you of hurrican Katrina.
I already have said this I think twice.
Hurricane Katrina; one of the most recent disasters.
The government was slow to act, and in some cases not only were they not helping, but they were in fact prohibiting the victims from leaving their area so as not to cause a damage in the economic infrastructure of the neighboring safe regions. This means that the government effectively let hundreds, if not thousands, without food and without shelter, all in the name of 'order'. This is not suprising; the government first defends itself and then its constituents.
It was anarchists, particularly Food Not Bombs, who went to their aid. They kept the people clothed and fed as best as they could, which was surprisingly a lot.
This is because anarchists don't have to wait for permission to be good with their brethren.
It was not only after the people were safer was it that the government intervened again, and it even arrested several anarchists for the horrendous crime of helping.
Great... What the hell did you think I was talking about when I mentioned "certain natural disasters in recent years?" Of course I was talking about Katrina, you blithering fool! Didn't I imply that the government dropped the ball? I'm not trying to defend the failings of the U.S. government.

The anarchists you mention are living in, and benefiting from, a capitalist system. We have no way of knowing what they'd do in a system other than the one in which they live. Your "evidence" is no fucking evidence at all. It's based on conjecture, pure and simple. Shoddy conjecture, at that.

Also, as I've said before, just because there were anarchists involved in the relief effort does NOT make the entire effort an anarchistic one.

How do you keep conflating the two? Where do you get the idea that the mere presence of anarchists makes something inherently anarchistic?!