View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 02:30 PM   #28
Delkaetre

A mess. A tiny, squalid, mess. I don't have enough space for anything- two fur coats, two leather trench coats, a green suede frock coat, a black frock coat, a silver frock coat... no hanging space at all, especially when I need to hang my grey suit and my work stuff and my shirts and waistcoats. All flat surfaces are occupied with books, papers, masks, gloves, glass, various cards, unorthodox dolls, more papers, more books, bubble wrap... And the bed and computer chair are covered in the clothing that doesn't fit in or on the wardrobe- corsetry, coats, shirts, t-shirts, four pairs of black skinny jeans (five now the buttonless set have a button again), pvc, underwear, blouses....

The walls are a vile magnolia, a great corner of the room is taken up by the hot water tank, and the bed, desk, drawers and wardrobe are all *very* carefully arranged in order to fit in at all. There are posters on the walls- La Mucha, Siouxie, Voltaire(signed), Bowie in the Labyrinth, Abney Park (signed). Unfortunately, I can't put up my limited edition The Mission: The Final Chapter poster, because it's a lovely print and will need framing and glass.
The noblest sentiment I have encountered and the most passionate political statement to stir my heart both belong to a fictional character. Why do we have no politicians as pure in their intent and determinedly joyous in their outlook as Arkady Bogdanov of Red Mars?
Delkaetre is offline   Reply With Quote