View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #380
Mir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delkaetre View Post
I'm starting to realise that what was just a matter of comfort and aesthetic preference is now a uniform.
Every day and almost every where I go, I wear my battered black biker boots, my tight black jeans, my tight black t-shirt, and my 1980s black leather jacket. It's damn near uniform, I wear it all the time. I have many plain black t-shirts that fit like second skin, many pairs of plain black jeans that do the same.
Sometimes I wear my khaki padded jacket and steampunk shirt over the jeans-tshirt-boots uniform, but only if it's too cold to wear the leather jacket.
And if it's really freezing I wear my she-must-be-from-the-KGB black leather trenchcoat with the jeans-tshirt-boots uniform.

I need variety in my life instead of looking forever and always like I'm stumbling home from a goth gig. So on Thursday night I'm wearing a semi-transparent black blouse, black underbust dress, backseamed 1950s style sheer stockings, and a big black fur coat. Sure, the colour stays the same, but at least I'm showing a bit of ankle.
Ditch the black. I bet you'd look quite fetching in a bright, flowery dress!
Mir is offline   Reply With Quote