View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #10
Ben Lahnger

Ask yourselves why you are moving in together. Presumably you're already sleeping together. Has the charm of dating worn off; do you still dress up and worry about how you behave for every date or have things gottten pretty casual? Would you say you are friends now? If you are moving in together because you truly are friends and you just want to spend more time with each other, then you'll find a way to work the other things out.

BTW, over time I've learned that in every relationship I end up wishing the dating phase had lasted a little longer. In my current relationship we are living together, but I have tried to stress to my S.O. that we are still dating ... that we should never get too "relaxed" and never stop trying to woo each other. It helps keep the romance in the relationship.

And yeah, make fun of me using the word "woo" all you want. I think it is the exact right word to express what I mean.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote