View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #88
TheHandThatFeeds

Interessting debate.

I personally wear a small pentagram I got custom made under my shirt, so that is only for my own cause. On my old coat I had a patch of a pentagram on each side of the collar though, I guess that was both for the symbolism and fashion statement. First time my dad saw me with it on he actually asked why I was wearing a jew star
I dont call myself a pagan by the way, but I do indentify with alot of the same beliefs, and the symbolism of the five elements which the pentagram (star with circle around) stands for.
I dont realy have a stance on the Wicca stuff, other than I believe its a pop-version of paganism. Which is good in the sense that it brings more notice to it, but bad in the sense that most people misunderstand it.

/rant
I also love bonfires, and would enjoy comming to Beltaine but havent done so the last many years since essencially, the people who does it celebrates the burning of witches (or paganists) which was done in the middle-age, eventhough its frowned upon burning people today. Thats essentially whats happening, just as a symbol instead. And people at Beltaine find it amusing which disgusts me.

Also to the one who said that believing in a religion doesnt hurt anyone else, you maybe doesnt, but I can sure tell you that the christianism of middleage did as witches where burnt and tortured, and Temple Knights raided jerusalem and slaugthered civillians, or when they forced my heathen viking ancestors to become christian. Or when Muslim teorrists bombed world trade center and are currently at war in Afghanistan.
And this is just examples, I'm pretty sure followers of every religion has done horribly crimes, including Pagans.
/rant over

By the way, to the one who wanted to wear a rosary course they liked the wooden beards, why not get a rosary and just leave the cross off..?

Oh, and regarding the fashion statement, I'm pretty sure quite alot of goths wear ankhs/crosses for the fashion with the victorian/graveyard/gothic arcitecture stuff. Thats just a steriotyping though. But I see alot of them getting sold as assescories in gothic shops.
TheHandThatFeeds is offline   Reply With Quote