View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 05:29 AM   #21
Ben Lahnger

Saya posted an excellent amateur created alternative Wonder Woman costume elsewhere, and while I like the design work and as a practical matter it would be easier for a real person to wear in reality, I offer up one of the comments about that costume as evidence for why a fictional meta-human from an Amazonian culture should not have a costume change because of our cultural delicacies in the year 2010 or because it makes it easier for a real world person to dress up like her:

"Great job, but it’s too dark. We need to get away from this “have to darken superhero costumes because we are embarrassed by the source material” mode in live-action films. The ancient Hellenes painted their buildings and statues in vividly bright blue and red. Leather probably can’t be dyed brighter, but there is not reason to use leather when she has preternaturally strong skin."

BTW, Saya, if you get a chance you should still post that pic here as the work is very good.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote