Thread: Westboro Vs KKK
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #1
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
Westboro Vs KKK

http://gawker.com/5806819/kkk-counte...es-fags-church

Quote:
Members of the delightfully quirky Westboro Baptist Church showed up at Arlington Cemetery on Memorial Day just to remind everyone, through the use of excessive signage, that God loves dead soldiers. But luckily for people who were hoped to visit the cemetery without encountering hateful bigotry, brave members of the Ku Klux Klan showed up to counter-protest.

This led, as one might guess, to a true meeting of the minds, as mediated by a CNN reporter:

"It's the soldier that fought and died and gave them that right to free speech," said Dennis LaBonte, the self-described "Imperial Wizard" of the KKK group that he said he formed several years ago.

"That's fine," said Abigail Phelps, the daughter of Westboro Baptist Church founder Fred Phelps. "They have no moral authority on anything.

"People like them say it's white power ... white supremacy," Phelps said. "The Bible doesn't say anywhere that it's an abomination to be born of a certain gender or race."

LaBonte insisted he is not a racist nor a "hate-monger," but said he believes the white race is "slowly and most assuredly being denigrated."

We can only imagine the brave men and women who sacrificed their lives in the service of this country looking down from Heaven onto this engaging intellectual discussion, and knowing once and for all that their lives were not lost in vain.
Just when you think things can't get any crazier, the KKK does something semi(they're still doing it for racist reasons) right for a change. The whole world seems to be turning upside down.

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote