View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 09:55 AM   #25
Grausamkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
When those opinions are wildly uneducated and rife with obvious embarrassing errors it's usually one or the other. (Like you using the name "Napier" to imply you know more about the character of the Joker than the rest of us, only to realize that "Jack Napier" wasn't anywhere near cannon - If I'd wanted to troll, I'd've probably said something to that effect.).

Seriously, what Heath Ledger role were you thinking of for his "Great" role? The brother's Grimm? Lords of Dogtown? Skip was a minor character at best. A Knight's Tale? You haven't given us an answer-- Where was this "mindblowing" performance that people are ignorant of? The Order? Roar? I need to know.
I actually liked him better in Brokeback Mountain. He made a much more believable gay man than he did a psychopath. As Joker he only reminded me of those poor schizophrenic homeless people in downtown Houston. Homeless crazy dudes aren't scary, most of the time. They just need meds and therapy. I think that there is a lot of emotional attachment because of his death for some people and that probably colors most people's opinion of his role in TDK. It would be a terrible tragedy for an actor to die with a boring role as their last, it must therefore be hyped up and no one is allowed to question its greatness!

I'm not going along with the cult of personality. Boohoo.

...I've been accused of folly by a fool. ~Antigone

Grausamkeit is offline   Reply With Quote