Thread: Dear India...
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 02:11 AM   #48
CptSternn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Don't get me wrong, my condolences for losing your father, not even I've lost someone that close with all the violence, but you gotta know that that has nothing to do with Saya's post.
I think it is very relevant, as I stated previously. For some reason people continue to disparage my family and our nationality. Why it is continually brought up by certain people is beyond me. It's not so much the mentioning of it, it's the condescending and offensive tone in which it is written.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya
but you do know he is an American who moved to Ireland and now tries to type in such a way to prove he's authentically Irish, right?
It was a personal attack on my own families ethnicity and our history. I was born in America, that is no secret. My family is Irish. Due to various circumstances I moved back to be with my family. I find her derogatory attacks on my family in bad form. Because we lived abroad we are somehow subhuman?

My father died for Irish freedom. My family is in Ireland. My history is here, as is my families history. I take personal offense to anyone who belittles and berates our name and history.
CptSternn is offline   Reply With Quote