Thread: Magick is legit
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2011, 06:24 AM   #54
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
When you try and make friends do you strictly use only methods that you find in peer reviewed scientific journals? How about if you're seeking inspiration for a poem or a piece of artwork, or psyching yourself up for a big test or tournament?

You come across so anal I'm almost expecting a 'yes' here.
You do know I am a religious person, right? And I had a phase in high school where I read Tarot cards and practiced "witchcraft". It was bullshit, it does nothing, and like most Western neopaganism it just had to do with my rebellion from the Christian norm. The neopagan movement is a reactionary movement.

Quote:
Which is both hilarious and awesome, but ceremonial magic, which consists mostly of spinning in circles spouting gibberish in smokey rooms, is more popular.
And a pretty odd idea about how people used to practice religion.

Quote:
Whatever, that does nothing to devalue the point I made that not everybody who practices magic can be painted with your broad brush "nothing to do with ancient traditions" rant.
So they DO sacrifice animals and people and smear menstrual blood on things?

Quote:
Where I'm from the whole alternative religion scene and the LGBTQ/polyamorous scene are basically the same scene.
Sort of the same here, except they're pretty narrow minded. Like think Christianity is the most evil thing to ever happen to the world, ignore the things they don't like about paganism and some were the most biphobic people I ever met.

Quote:
Yah, when I went to Imbolc the "ritual co ordinator" was a lazy POS and hadn't co-ordinated any rituals so we had a guy literally make up a guided meditation on the spot. It was quite good though. Anyway without those guys I'd have been sitting in my room arguing with fools on the internet but instead I got a day out in the woods, a shared experience with a small community and enough mead that I proclaimed myself the goblin king. I'm not gonna hate.
Just because something gets you out of the house once in a while doesn't mean it isn't silly. I'm sure LARPers get plenty of exercise but its still silly.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote