Thread: Sex industry
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #199
Miss Absynthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elystan View Post
When did I specify street prostitution? I didn't say the average wage of a street prostitute is X amount, I said a pretty young girl can easily make that much if she so chooses. That was my statement, so if you are to disagree with me then that's the statement you have to disagree with.

Honestly this is really tedious, so here on out I'm only gonna respond to anything if it's not a complete straw man attack.
You mightn't have specified street prostitution, but when you look at the numbers you have got to admit that the highest numbers of people who are working are working from the streets, are not paid well and are working because they either can't make the money they need elsewhere or they are caught up in some sort of situation that means that they don't have another option.

I've said over and again that my situation is totally different than most people who are prostitutes. I have choice and I have privilege, and to imply that this is the norm for sex workers is not only inaccurate, but it is silencing the voices of those who are forced into a situation that they don't want to be in. We have to recognise and admit that this problem exists so that something can be done about it.
Miss Absynthe is offline   Reply With Quote