View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 02:04 PM   #27
Solumina

As long as you are willing to learn there will be some of us who are more than happy to teach, after all we were baby bats once too (unfortunately others are not so quick to overlook a bad first impression but give them time).

As I said earlier the subculture really is all about the music, goth is punk's less angry and more introspective offshoot and currently encompasses a few different types of music, most notably straight up goth rock (which started in the UK) and deathrock (goth rock's American cousin). Industrial, EBM, and darkwave are frequently played in goth clubs but they have their own subcultures, which just happen to overlap a bit with goth.

Here is a quick list of bands that created/influenced goth and are worth checking out: 45 Grave, Alien Sex Fiend, Bauhaus, Clan of Xymox, the Cure, Dead Can Dance, Fields of the Nephilim, Joy Division, Sex Gang Children, Siouxsie and the Banshees, and Sisters of Mercy. Let us know what you like and what you aren't such a fan of and we can make other recommendations.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote