Thread: Greeting ^^
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 03:32 PM   #55
Elystan

If you want to me to argue on your terms though, goth is a particularly hilariously easy genre to subvert.

"No, we didn't think of ourselves as Goth, There was no movement." -- Dave Roberts [Sex Gang Children]

"We weren't Goth, we were a straight-ahead rock and roll band who dressed like the New York Dolls." -- Rocco [Flesh for Lulu]

"We absolutely didn't start as a Goth band." -- Michael Aston [Gene Loves Jezebel]

"I've never been a Goth, not in the traditional sense, although there was a short period where I wore heavier make-up." -- Gitane Demone [Christian Death]

"Siouxsie, the Cramps and Bauhaus, even the Cure to an extent, were more archetypal [Goth] than we were." -- Wayne Hussey [Sisters of Mercy, The Mission]

"We never consciously focused on, or identified with any movement or any dialogue other than our own." -- Peter Murphy [Bauhaus]

"We never considered ourselves part of the goth thing." -- Ian Astbury [Southern Death Cult]

"I've often wondered why I've ever been entered into the Goth category!" -- Johnny Indovina [Human Drama]

"The moment a Goth band says, 'We are not a Goth band,' that's the end of their career." -- Mick Mercer [Author, Gothic Rock]

"But I don't think anybody with any self-respect would admit to being Goth" -- Rozz Williams [Christian Death, Shadow Project]

Do I need to find quotes by Andrew Eldritch and Siouxsie Sioux to go with these or have you all watched those interviews yourselves?
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote