Thread: Gun free zones
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 08:28 AM   #69
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissMeDeadly View Post
How are other peoples lives in danger from a 20 gauge break action and a .22 revolver in a gun safe in my bedroom?
Because you could take them out and try to shoot somebody with them?

Quote:
I still don't see how it's amoral to own a gun. If you can say that, because you can kill someone with a gun, it is amoral to own one, you're going to have to get rid of a whole lot of shit in your home. Should I throw out my kitchen knives? What about my baseball bat? Yeah, I used it for little league when I was twelve, but now I'm an adult and I might hurt somebody. Better throw it out!
Not because that you can hurt somebody, but because of how easily you can. You can't compare intercontinental ballistic missiles with MIRV warheads to small arms. You can't compare guns to baseball bats and kitchen knives. They are not the same, and anybody that exercises critical thinking can understand this. If you want to argue this, I want you to show me an instance where a single person was able to kill a hundred people in a matter of hours with a baseball bat or a kitchen knife or anything else of lesser lethality then a gun. Go ahead. I'll wait.

Quote:
The way to keeping everybody safe and secure isn't by outlawing anything that can be dangerous, it's by educating people on safety and generally not being a fuckhead.
I understand the importance of safety when preventing accidental deaths, but how are you going to enforce preventing intentional deaths? You can't control somebody from 'being a fuckhead.' But you can control what somebody is capable of while being a fuckhead.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote