View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
Versus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
I'd like to withdraw some generational wealth to pay for my student loans, any suggestions on which bank will give me the most for my skin tone?
You mean those loans you were 40% more likely to receive?

Quote:
This paper presents data concerning the distribution of grants and scholarships by race. It debunks the race myth, which claims that minority students receive more than their fair share of scholarships. The reality is that minority students are less likely to win private scholarships or receive merit-based institutional grants than Caucasian1 students. Among undergraduate students enrolled full-time/full-year in Bachelor’s degree programs at four-year colleges and universities, minority students represent about a third of applicants but slightly more than a quarter of private scholarship recipients. Caucasian students receive more than three-quarters (76%) of all institutional merit-based scholarship and grant funding, even though they represent less than two-thirds (62%) of the student population. Caucasian students are 40% more likely to win private scholarships than minority students.
http://www.finaid.org/scholarships/2...holarships.pdf

Well, you could try going to predominantly white employee and federal banks that are set up in segregated areas; statistics for large loans heavily favor white people for approval rates, so that should improve your chances.
Had me creepin' 'round corners, homie sleepin' in my vest.

-Breathin, Tupac.
Versus is offline   Reply With Quote