View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #139
ape descendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
Maybe this isn't related to an autism spectrum disorder at all. Maybe it is something else all together.
DING DING DING!! We have a winner!!

Quote:
What's your alternative explanation? Sometimes this just happens ex nihilo without any context? Sometimes a perfectly healthy mind just decides "well I could have a burger or I guess go kill me some children, yep mayhem it is."
I don't need to have an alternative explanation to show that your main assertion is wrong. I have already posted quite a bit of information showing just that.

Quote:
If I said "white middle class women are more prone to drowning their children in botched suicide attempts" because statistically they are more likely to do so than men, that doesn't mean that gender or race are the primary causal factors.
What you're demonstrating is correlation vs causation, which has indeed been brought up earlier against your assertion, and is also the reason I used the word in this instance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ape descendant View Post
*snip* ... they share a stronger correlation than any single mental illness.
About your stats, they are much better posted in context. They are very informative about children who have been found to have Autism, none of which support your link between Autism and violence.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote