View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #200
Despanan

1) As blindness is a disability, is taking a driver's license away from someone who's legally blind ableism? If not, why not?

2) If the mentally ill should enjoy all the rights and privileges of those who are not mentally ill, regardless of their condition, should they also have the same responsibilities. For instance: should courts reject the insanity plea? If not, why not?

3) If self-determination should never be removed under any circumstances, should children enjoy the same level of self-determination as adults? How about criminals or felons? Should people never be placed in prison? Why?

4) If self-determination can be reasonably removed by society under specific circumstances, are there any circumstances in which it is reasonable to remove reasonable levels of self-determination from the mentally ill, depending upon their condition? ie: If it is likely that a schizophrenic's condition is so advanced that they have become a danger to themselves and others, is it ableism to involuntarily commit them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Lahnger
I have chugged more than ten epic boners.
Despanan is offline   Reply With Quote