Thread: Eternal life.
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:08 PM   #1313
ape descendant

I agree that a literal translation of the bible reduces it to nonsense as much of the bible tends to contradict itself. But people still do it (despite that many who make that assertion are woefully ignorant of its contents), and try to make it work for their own purposes, this is a practice I disagree with. I don't go around picking fights with religious people, if they wish to keep their religion to themselves, that's cool, however when it concerns me I must say my piece.

Christ, is already a unicorn. There is very little evidence to support Jesus Christ as an actual person.

That is a rather good working definition. I am more than willing to go with that in our discussion. I do have a question, does a thing have to meet all the criteria set forth to be a religion or is there a certain amount of wiggle room?

So far here's what I get about it. I understand that a religion tries to answer what it means to be human, so it would put forth ideas regarding human nature.

The treatment of what it means to be mortal, would be the part that would have to do with what happens after we die.

Our relationship to the divine, is pretty self explanatory. Our relationship to the subhuman, while I find that term problematic, I infer that it is our relationship to the rest of life-kind as well as the inanimate.

Provides a sense of community and tradition, is also self explanatory, as is holding a vision of the future.

My apologies for having you repeat it.

Be Kind
ape descendant is offline   Reply With Quote