Thread: Dragonborn
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #32
AshleyO

Pump up the uGrids. I played it on 7 uGrids once. It was stable and ran fine for the most part. It also never crashed, but it made things a bit more difficult because things would be happening 7 grids away instead of 5.

I have heard that those with monster machines attempt to go up to 11 to 13 uGrids.

Basically, you do this to uGrids because instead of distant objects popping in too early and looking weird, the game actually loads all of those grids at once meaning that the distance that you're seeing is the actual object that you'd see point blank.

If I'm not mistaken, you've got a monster machine, even compared to mine. Give it a shot if you want. I think the best thing raising the uGrids did for me was make the water not look ridiculous at a far away distance. If you get far away enough from a waterfall, it'll freeze and look like a block. But if the uGrids are high enough, the game will go ahead and render the water like it's supposed to be.

If you do that, you have to be super duper careful cause it can ruin your saves. Apparently, if you raise the uGrids, you can't go back to the default 5 if you don't like it with that particular save file.

Also, your machine is pretty badass. See if you can run this.

http://www.skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31070

It crashes me to the desktop.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote