View Single Post
Old 12-17-2005, 06:20 PM   #4160
edible_eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_Avalo
I hate forum cliques (not necessarily this forum, but...). I mean, if you're friends with a mod or admin, you're protected from making stupid threads.
qualify your point.

most here who "know" mods or admin. have been here for a while and would not, as a general rule, start a "stupid" thread.

conversely, those who have been here for some length of time most likely stay here because they have some vested interest in the site over and above the ridiculous chat-room-esque bullshit that has unfortunately plagued this site of late - and in that vein, get to "know" or become "friends" with mods / admin, as you put it - as well as other posters.

you say you hate "forum cliques", however you (universal, not specific) start at a particular forum and interact with the hope of getting to know some of the personalities within, wishing to form some sort of familiarity with others of a like-mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arc_avalo
Instead of people flaming you, you'll get praised.
perhaps at other sites, but the same doesn't hold true here. quarrels, flames, etc. regularly erupt between regulars here - especially in the 'politics' thread.

Quote:
If, however, you're a noob, you'll get called names by a bunch of idiots with five-year-old maturity.
funny. if you're gonna burst in here like a special olympics kid with attitude, be prepared to have rotten tomatoes thrown at you. that's just life.

Quote:
I've seen forum cliques all over the web, especially on the yiffstar forums (they're furry). The admin gets his ass kissed almost constantly there, and if you do so much as point out a wrong done by him (like him banning you for defending yourself after a mod calls you a dickwad) he'll ban you. I just hope I never come across any cliques here.
there are plenty of forums all over the web that specialize in vapidity. if you frequent a place such as that, don't be surprised with what you see.

and if i haven't said it before - welcome.

---------------------------------------
and korova - congrats on your new apt. when's the house-warming party?

Last edited by edible_eye; 12-17-2005 at 07:35 PM.