View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #4433
Solumina

I know Martha is kind of the evil and all but there is a reason she got so popular, she is good at what she does. Her how to cook eggs video gives a nice overview of the basics, it's split into two parts, both around 5 minutes, definitely give it a look. I could tell you how to do it all but with eggs it really helps to see what is happening.

She says to use heavy cream in your scrambled eggs, personally I prefer milk and I always have milk on hand, not the case with heavy cream. Also the best part about scrambled eggs (and omelets, which are basically the same thing but more work and slightly different texture) is that you can add basically anything to them and it will taste great. This is what I do with most leftovers, so much better than just reheating, or you can just chop up some veggies (I like onions and bell peppers) and toss those in, maybe add a bit of cheese. Just make sure that anything that needs to be reheated is already at least warm cuz scrambles cook up fairly quickly, and just toss them in when the eggs are about halfway done.

I think I remember there being a food thread, I'll see if I can find it and necro it (or start a new one) so this thread doesn't get totally hijacked with talk of eggs.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote