Thread: Grr. Argh. Etc.
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2013, 04:32 AM   #22
Creed of Heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
It is important to be aware of the privileges because it gives you perspective of and understanding of both the advantages that you have and the disadvantages that other people face.
Well. I'm white, described as "cute," and... Well, that's kind of it, unfortunately. I can demonstrate intellectual capacities that have been told to me to be above average, and I am told I am highly perceptive of the world. That said, I never finished high school and my GPA was a 0.00. I was a foster child, and once I hit 18, I moved the fuck out on my own. Been chugging along on retail jobs to get by. Hmm. Oh, I'm straight, too. Except that gets kind of muddied cuz I'm actively pro-LGBT equal-rights. Made the mistake of letting that be known while working at Waffle House at one point. In retrospect, that was a really, really imbecilic move on my behalf... But fuck that job, it was shit, anyways.

I can't exactly think of any particular privileges I might have other than those listed above. I try to spend a lot of time volunteering, and I give to charity...try to actively demonstrate atheists are not immoral. Would that count?
Creed of Heresy is offline   Reply With Quote