Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 09:48 AM   #8657
Lady_Ligeia

I feel like this is one of the only places where most people will sympathize with how I feel and what I'm seeing.

People aren't really reacting to #BlackLivesMatter and police brutality with much sympathy. It's not like it's genocide or anything, right?

*crickets of doom*

Except it is. It's been going on for so long and a lot of people I know in the Punk subculture have been in the know about this for a LONG time. So have a lot of people in the Gothic subculture. Like so many other parts of the United States, Baltimore has always had a problem with this and I am so sad to see that people don't get how awful it is to dismiss the reality of racism like that. Whenever I get pissed about that fact and the racist stuff (humor included) going around, people act like I'm the enemy for calling them racist and getting "sensitive" about it.

Our culture is made up of individuals who perpetuate racism through attitudes and behaviors like that. How on Earth do people not understand how they, a single individual, contribute to this system? It's horrid.

Anyone with that #WhiteLivesMatter tag... Why are you offended by people sticking up for black people after years of abuse and injustice? You should be doing the same.

Last edited by Lady_Ligeia; 05-10-2015 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Elaboration...
Lady_Ligeia is offline   Reply With Quote