View Single Post
Old 09-16-2015, 07:38 PM   #5712
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharis View Post
Huh. I wish. I am often unable to wear what I would want to, can't go out and struggle to lift my arms to style my hair.

For a long time I felt that as a loss and almost that I didn't belong as a goth anymore. But just as I thought I was done with it it's creeping back strongly and coming out in other ways. I realise I am who I always was. I can't sew my own clothes anymore or wear certain things, but I've fallen hard for the music again and have rescued some barbies from the op shop to dress (and perhaps sew for) in place of myself.
You don't have to dress like your chosen tribe... as long as it's in your heart. If I had to label myself I'd be a Quaker-goth-punk-spiritual-hippie with deep green beliefs (really not sure what i'd be wearing)

Molster: Keep me away from Scottish men!!... I have a thing for the Scottish accent and kilts!! Oh my Gawd!! When I was 16 I was in scotland (Perth) and a busload of young guys went past, yelling "Show us your tits," it was a little embarrassing as our parents were there... while my sister was going on about how sexist it was, all I could say was "Oh you have such lovely accents, come back so I can listen more!"

And don't get me started on having to watch Sean Connory movies to listen to his accent...

Just don't mention Antonio Bandaras... god, his accent is dead set sexy... so is the actor who played Snape in the Harry potter series (alan rickman?)...

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote