View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 05:57 PM   #2
Acharis

I'm not sure... perhaps you can highlight your face with a champagne or gold shimmer (something that blends in but will still bring out some more contrast with darker clothing) and use jewel toned blues in your makeup/dress?

(The technique is called strobing I think, this is the effect I mean. The purple lip there is nice too - Rihanna has worn different shades of purple. You could even get one that's violet in tone, not far off blue.)

Don't overlook mixing in silver (lips, eyes, fingernails, clothing). Or jewel/dark green. It's very pushed that goths wear everything in flat black, but I've found a subtle mix of shades with black is more flattering.

This isn't goth but has a range of looks, so might help if you can find someone of the same skin tone to see how colours look on them.

Also small cues like slightly heaver/more stylised makeup, shaped and darkened eyebrows and creepy accessories help everyone to read as goth rather than just someone wearing black.

And while it seems dated or weird, you could look at the seasons colour system for their colour theory and pick the non-peachy shades. They have a lot of pics of pale women, but halfway down the page there are photos of Tia Carrera and Lucy Liu plus some colours for those skin tones.
Acharis is offline   Reply With Quote