View Single Post
Old 08-24-2020, 08:55 PM   #158
TrivialMorose

Last night,

Wife and I were shopping at a murky little grocery store. Politicians had decreed face masks mandatory. I wore the sort of mask covering only the nose and lips like everybody else. Some people were wearing their masks wrong, so that their noses were left outside. They were white cotton masks which had been handed out to everybody via mail. My wife was not wearing any mask, but this was completely ignored in the dream.

At the end of the store, after the checkout counters, there was a sitting panel of politicians. Maybe four of them, but I only really remember one male and one female. They were fairly young for politicians, but perfectly looked the part. The masks were supposed to be handed to them upon leaving the store.

Before me, a woman handed in her mask, saying she hadn't written her issue number on it as a protest against the law.
When it came my turn, I said I hadn't written my issue number because I hadn't known I was supposed to do that. The male politician grimaced and told me I would have to dispose of the mask myself then. The female overruled him, and told me to give the mask to them regardless. So I handed it in and they tossed it into a rubbish bin. I actually had my plague doctor mask in my bag, and sort of wanted to show it to them and tell them that was what I usually used, but I shied from it.
Nobody still regarded that my wife was there without any mask.

Outside, in the parking lot, two teen boys on bicycles accosted me, while my wife went into the car without me. I'll also note that ours was the only car in the whole otherwise empty parking lot. One of the boys was actually someone from my childhood, who used to be my age. That boy ran his hand through his hair which was full of saliva (apparently he drooled with his hair...), and then put that hand on my face.

I got really angry. I started yelling at him, saying he would have to accompany me to see the politicians and tell them what he did during COVID regulations. How he was deliberately trying to spread the disease.

He basically replied, Nya, nya, I won't, and started pedaling away from me. I ran after him, and at first he was getting away, but then gradually he started slowing down, like he was pedaling through mud and his limbs were falling asleep. Exactly the way that often happens to you when you're being chased in a dream, apparently it works the other way around as well.

So I caught him and started dragging him toward the store. He was now slowly freezing over and shrinking. By the time we got inside the store, he had become completely frozen solid and lilliputian. I was super fucking mad that he had managed to avoid talking to the politicians this way. I started pounding his head against the side of a refrigerator that just happened to stand there in the store.

I kept bashing it until the top of his head caved in, then I twisted his neck and pulled the head off his body. Then I calmed down a little, and saw what I'd done. I was saddened and disappointed with myself, to see that apparently, "sometimes you just gotta have revenge," as I'd heard someone once say. Then I shrugged it off and decided, since at it, I'd go out and kill the other boy, too.

--

So, here we had someone turn minuscule and die again, like that Nazi doctor in the Hasselhoff dream a little while back. Odd.

--

Also saw a hypnopompic "object". It was nothing remotely recognizable and so it's very hard to describe. Maybe one meter long, half a meter wide, it was sort of uneven rectangle shaped, and sort of colored like a peacocks tail, mainly green with some sort of dark splotches. It looked mostly like a solid object, but partially it looked like something akin to an aurora.
It was very close to my face, not just floating passively, but somehow undulating, as if with purpose.
Then it faded out.
TrivialMorose is offline   Reply With Quote