View Single Post
Old 01-27-2006, 08:06 AM   #18
Ben Lahnger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TStone
Too right! We were neither hurling horse shoes, nor lobbing the hand grenades, and I thank you for calling me on the fuckup.

Sans it is.
I was actually hoping only you would get that. I was trying to be subtle, but 'perfekt' was probably a bit broad for that. I never thought of hand grenades or horseshoes, or even spitwads for that matter. But I was hoping something better would come of the discourse.

I really do like the essay on the front page of your site. Open mindedness is an elusive goal, and when you most think you've accomplished it, you're probably wandering away from it. And how broad can anyone's vision be? This human experience limits our perception so. Not to mention the amount of time we spend putting our own blinders on. Shades of grey, indeed.

If I had thought much longer and harder about this thread, I might have titled it something like "words we love and why we love them" or "let's discuss words, the building blocks of literature" or something like that. But every idea I came up with sounded a bit pretentious. So I settled on this as an easy starting point and figured the conversation would evolve.

And I expected that everyone's list will ebb and flow. I've already changed my list based on reading the lists of others. So I suspect that future posts here may concern a single word, or updates on previous lists. And change is the only thing truly worth writing about. At least that's my opinion.

By the way, when are you going to have some fiction on your site? I'm curious because I would like to read it.

As the poets have mournfully sung,
death takes the innocent young,
the rolling in money,
the screamingly funny,
and those who are very well hung.

Your days are numbered - 26,280 per person on average - 2,000,000,000 heartbeats ... tick, tick, tick
Ben Lahnger is offline   Reply With Quote