Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012, 07:40 PM   #7654
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grausamkeit View Post
I agree that race is a social construct. Nevertheless, it got old hearing someone spout things about people based on skin color and excusing it with "What? My ex was a black guy! I can say that!"

Sleeping with some with a different skin tone isn't a 'get out of bigotry free' card.

Molly is a helluva woman! I wish I could've seen video of her bellydancing! *drool*
Its even better if they fetishize men of colour, one thing I find really creepy about the anime scene is the amount of white people fetishizing Asians, or rather, their racist stereotypical notions of what Asians are like. I can't be racist! I watch anime and want to move to Japan and marry a Japanese guy!

I told Versus today I'm only dating him for the benefit of using him as my "I'm not racist" card XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina
It's great that the faculty at DLI hold study halls, it just sucks that the earliest one is about 2 hours after classes let out for the day. Naturally this means that Jake never goes because he, and evereone else, hates being on post and once he is already home he isn't going to go back unless he absolutely has to. The thing is he doesn't need help, he just needs a place dedicated to doing his homework. I've tried setting up the spare room as an office but he still does all of his work in the living room, usually with the tv on and always with his computer on. He ends up taking forever because he gets distracted and he spreads his stuff everywhere, including food and drink and when he is finally done he just leaves everything everywhere and it is driving me insane.
Maybe he gets lonely in the office? I often study in the living room just for the company. Maybe set up something in the office for you to do while he's in there? Like a sewing table or reading chair, or just a place to sit with a laptop without being a distraction?
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote