View Single Post
Old 09-02-2005, 06:11 PM   #22
Star of Blight

Well you can get long lasting odd colors such as red/blue/purple. The thing is those have to be professionally done because the chances of you frying your hair and making it all fall out are very very high. That's why all the odd colors you can find in the store are temporary, vegtable based dyes and not a longer lasting chemical based dye.

Another suggestion for keeping the uber temporaries in like Manic Panic and the like. Before you dye your hair, bleach the fuck out of it. Not enough to cook your hair and turn it into elastic (I've seen it happen) but just enough to damage it a bit and give it a straw like texture. Yes your hair will be damaged, but in all the cracks, crevases and potholes you now have in your hair the dye will find a place to call home and will hang around more in your hair. Just make sure once your totaly done to put in a fuckton of leave in conditioner, since you did just destroy your hair afterall. Using this method I was able to keep purple in my hair for a good month and a half before I had to do any touchups.
Star of Blight is offline   Reply With Quote