View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
CrimsonPythonidae

Yeah, exactly.. To all of the above. I even said in an obviously over-the-top-way-to-make-my-point "If that's the case then child p0rn0graphy must be a good thing because it's stops child molesters from actually molesting children." It became quite a heated discussion resulting in me becoming frustrated and not able to really back my argument. He did end up seeing a couple of my points which I think resulted in his thinking changing but he seems to just be of the opinion that if a man doesn't have sex by the time he is say, 35 or something then he'll be so frustrated that it might drive him to r@pe, if he were to have the makings of a r@pist.. His way of thinking was that if that man had the avenue of being able to see a prostitute then he possible wouldn't r@pe or abuse for that reason.
I don't buy it. I ended up asking him in an accusing kind of way "So you're saying if there were no prostitutes, you would r@pe someone if you didn't have sex for ages?!" I really wanted to be able to find some good info or statistics or anything that might prove my point. I think I'm blocked from searching for that stuff using the work internet connection though and I'm still out here on site (I work on a minesite) for another week.

It really hits a raw nerve with me because he seems to think that prostitution is something it's not. Like that most the women doing it choose to, even want to or enjoy it. My mother was a prostitute (TMI, sorry) and I can tell you neither she nor any of the women she worked with enjoyed it for one second. They may have been able to appear that way as a result of the drugs they'd become addicted to.
CrimsonPythonidae is offline   Reply With Quote