View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
vindicatedxjin

It's because for one thing...I feel as if it's kind of "dying" so to speak. People grow up and feel like in order to make it in this world they have to "get out" of the whole dress up and be gloomy stage...put on a suit and make that cash dolla$$$...and this is all very true. Then they just slowely stray from it all together...I personally do not label myself as anything because I'm such a mixture of everything that I find it being not truthful. I dress goth sometimes..but most of the time I look like a scene girl...I listen to metal, indie, and pop here and there. I have a corporate job in an office...where its pretty strict but I haven't let myself let go of who I am in the least I think theres a middle ground where you can be respectful in the workplace yet show your true colors for me its wearing office clothing...but in black...wearing my makeup subtle but dark, and wearing my usual jewerly. When I'm not at work I do whatever the fuck I want. Were discriminated as an alternative culture and your right to compare to race in a certain extent...but we do it to be seen as different in the first place right?

Bring Kontan Back
vindicatedxjin is offline   Reply With Quote