View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #251
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
No, it's a response to the bullshit stupid bad dumb argument that "privileged people don't care about people who aren't privileged". God what an infuriatingly terrible belief. Leaving aside of course that not believing racism is the sole exclusive social problem is not the same thing as denying racism is A problem. It's not about whether it 'cancels out' the race or economic standing of the school, it's that murdering children is really awful! Who gives a fuck what their income bracket or race is? Other than you, I guess. WOW.
Did I say I don't care about these kids? What I'm saying is, when its brown kids, the media doesn't care, white people don't care. The president never cried on tv over those Vietnamese kids in 1989. And despite the whiteness of the crime, we immediately blame mental illness because apparently violence against PoC is understandable and normalized.

Quote:
David Berkowitz followed his delusional belief set to it's logical conclusion. Do you think he was sane?
You know they have never been able to profile him? We have no idea what his motive was. After his conviction, he admitted he made up all the Satanic stuff. I think now he claims that he wasn't solely responsible and it was the work of a Satanic cult he had joined, but there's no evidence of that. Based on what we know of him, there isn't much to go on to say he was mentally ill.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote