Thread: Idle No More
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #19
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
I think another reason white people do the above to prove they aren't totally white is so they get to criticize other races without experiencing racism.

Like one comment on a news article was like "I'm 1/4th aboriginal and I'm so sick of how other aboriginals expect free shit all the time". And its like, really? I'm 1/4th and you'd never know. I have no personal experience of being aboriginal, of being discriminated against, or much exposure to aboriginal culture period.

I think the Canadian government also does a really good job at divide and conquer techniques. My sister is racist against natives because she thinks they get free education. That may be true for some, but its a flat sum they receive so only those who live on the island (which is basically restricted to the Mi'kmaq here) can actually utilize that, the far more numerous Inuit up north wouldn't get enough to cover a plane ticket down to the schools. As tuition rates go up, the grants for the aboriginal has remained the same. When we learned my grandmother is Metis, she was mad she never knew because she just assumed we would have been able to get free tuition if we knew (we would not).

This morning when I was making breakfast she came out and was like "So what do you think of the Chief on the hunger strike?" and I said, "Good for her." she said "Well, I'm of two minds about it." I had to just give her the evil eye until she went away because I really can't with her sometimes.
You ever thought about learning Krav Maga?

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote