View Single Post
Old 05-18-2006, 11:47 PM   #2
4mytribe

I love a good debate and love looking at a position from both sides so when I came up with this question it scared me. For the first time I couldnt come up with any good point from the pro-immigration side for this question and no one I contacted could either.

I thought about this for several hours after that and came up with what I think is the best response to this argument:

(Im going to use language that I would use if I was on the other side of this argument and make the case for them in the best way I can)

This is a very big economy in need of many people with many skills and of many back grounds. As people come to this country they will naturaly move up and integrate and given the opportunities of citizenship will create and fill new needs as others are moving up as well.

Think of it like a resteraunt you dont start off as a manager but work your way up from say a dishwasher but still you allway have a need for the dishwasher. So there will allways be a need in a growing economy for migrants and they will simply rise up and progress and the chain will keep us growing and maintaining a strong economy.

If anyone has a better answer than that then please let me know I am interested in debates and exchanges of ideas.

So far that is the best I've heard to a question I created.

Marcus Danis
4mytribe is offline   Reply With Quote