View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 11:07 AM   #47
KontanKarite

Ah, Rae seems to have the right idea.

It's not about offending. I do not wear my black to offend. My intention is to make ME feel GOOD about myself.

We can not FORCE society to change. To mess with free will is vulger on all accounts. But we must not allow certain frames of mind to go unchecked.

A kind of social judo is in order. It is good to not let people walk on you, to instill a certain amount of respect between both parties, but it is bad to outright fight with others.

I am where I am today, a goth who can wear and do as he pleases BECAUSE instead of fighting against people's anger and disdain against what I look like, I take their misunderstandings and shatter it, making them think of things just a bit more than usual.

The clothes cease to matter because people are more interested in my sense of self and good nature than they are about the black on my back.

If we can keep who we are while others gain a new sense of seeing things, then doesn't all parties win in the end?

No one should abolish who they are to please the minds of others.

The only thing we should all do is follow the golden rule. Treat others as we want to be treated. Why change yourself if you are not harming anyone or anything?

Not all beliefs and ideas are equal.
KontanKarite is offline   Reply With Quote