Thread: Viva Colombia?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #48
honeythorn

Told you it was dodgy, I knew something sounded off when you told me about it.

Seriously there must be SOMETHING you can do for a job where you currently live. Anything has to be better than that excuse for a "wage"

Just being relatives is absolutely no excuse for wanting to use you as pretty much free labour. Oh we'll give you a place to sleep and you'll bloody well be grateful for it? Fuck no and fuck off is what I'd say if I were in your position.

Are there any employment agencies where you live? I don't know if what you have over there is anything like ours, but I've always found most of my jobs through employment agencies.

The wages ( at least here ) aren't great. Minimum wage for the most part unless you have a skill like forklift driving or a crane licence ect.

See if there are any free Health and safety courses near you. If there are, go on one and get the certificate. Those things are always a bonus to your resume/CV IME. Any free courses of any sort which could be transferrable to a variety of workplaces you think you'd be ok in bascially.

They all help, and also fill in any unemployment gaps on paperwork. Plus it shows you're willing to do plenty of training and have a range of skills even if whatever qualifications you have aren't great ( or even if they are, cherry on the cake is always a bonus ) .
honeythorn is offline   Reply With Quote