View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #36
Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadmanwalking_05 View Post
The ship was anchored in International Waters when the I.D.F. were trying to pull a pirates of the Caribbean/Black Hawk down move,right?

And wouldn't it have been a better deal P.R. wise to try an easier approach to the situation during daylight hours,with clearly defined intent,maybe announcing that they were coming aboard to check things out before allowing them into port?
As far as I'm aware, they did announce that they were coming aboard. That they were in international waters isn't actually important*. I was going to argue that that law shouldn't apply here because the blockade shouldn't be recognised as legal, but I'm starting to agree with Kontan. I don't see how the Israelis can stop suffering on both sides. If the reports of malnutrition are correct they should obviously let more food in. Does anyone know if the blockade is working? There are still plenty of smuggling lines, especially tunnels over the Egyptian border right? So are the rocket attacks actually being reduced?

* 67. Merchant vessels flying the flag of neutral States may not be attacked unless they:

(a) are believed on reasonable grounds to be carrying contraband or breaching a blockade, and after prior warning they intentionally and clearly refuse to stop, or intentionally and clearly resist visit, search or capture;
Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote