View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
Elystan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Know what? I'm even giving the decency of going through the thread (a favor you don't deserve) and here's what I found:

When Grausam called out on you for not including strippers on a thread of sex workers, when they are, you said

What a shitty copout, and indeed it is
I made the thread with a specific issue in mind, didn't match the title I gave it.

Quote:
The second post I made explicitly states:

So I find it idiotic that you think I'd somehow be in favor of prostitution but I apparently believe that there's no willing prostitution.
Hard to be in a camp with someone who's not in one themselves, I'll give you that.

Quote:
The real argument was that we read what you were saying as this:
No that was a strawman post you wrote

Quote:
And JCC very unambiguously called out on you on how
So he called me out by saying that willing prostitution doesn't matter? No that's the attitude I'm calling you out on now.

Quote:
AND YOU ADMITTED THIS MUCH ALREADY!

You tried to 'change your mind' again and pretend that a topic about sex workers rights was ONLY about this ridiculous minority.
You even tried to do a new thread about that
https://www.gothic.net/boards/showthread.php?t=25630
Yeah obviously, since people seemed so fixated on the title of the other thread, I thought a differently titled thread might appease them.

Quote:
And THERE you say that this 5% that we 'refuse to acknowledge' and that according to you is perfectly willing and even empowered through sex still suffer
Well they do. It's a complex issue that everyone avoided.

Quote:
You can't even keep your opinions straight after completely deforming the initial topic to fit your need to 'win' the argument
The dramatic irony persists, perhaps you're so fixated with the idea of winning an argument yourself that you have to assume I was motivated by a desire to do the same?

Quote:
Let's see on the contrary what others have to say.

Saya mentioned that non-oppressive prostitution does exist:
She again tries to bring the discussion back into a circle-wank of "isn't it awful?". Which is fine, because it is, but I wasn't really involved in that part of the thread.

Quote:
And then we have the very direct words of Miss Absynthe, who HAS worked in the sex industry:
It "isn't important".

Quote:
And Versus had to repeat himself once more to call on how YOU are the one making a generalization on all prostitution from the few cases of privilege that happens
Yawn, take your straw men elsewhere, I repeated over and over, you even quoted me, that sure, maybe 95% of prostitution is actually slavery, and yes, that shit is wack? Can we talk about the 5%, 1%, 0.1%? No because that would be like saying that all prostitution is like that?

Quote:
And THEN you even acknowledged your own short-sightedness and mutilated the topic once more

Q.E.D. bitch
Well... yeah that's what I wanted to discuss. I spent the entire thread trying to get that across. The reaction was comical and bizarre.
Elystan is offline   Reply With Quote