View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #29
Isibell

Cool. Never read the Foilos. But then my study of Shakespeare is much different than most people. While I was in High School we read the standards...Romeo and Juliet and Hamlet. But the vast majority of my knowledge of Shakespeare is 6 years of Renaissance fair with people who could and would recite entire acts, and a Theater degree. But while I did study Shakespeare extensively in college, I was looking at him from the back stage...where I was, building the sets and props.

It's a shame really. I like his stuff...no doubt. My problem is I just CAN'T read him. Drives me crazy. I have to watch it to be able to understand it. If I sit down and try to just read his plays I get totally lost, bogged down in the language. It doesn't really have to be staged, and I assure you I can tell a good performance from a bad one, but I just have to have it read aloud, preferably while I'm not involved.

Just so you know angel…sometimes when people ask for help…they aren’t insulting you, they’re just asking for help

*ponders her latest sacrilege*
*Shrugs it off and walks away.*
Isibell is offline   Reply With Quote