Thread: suicide
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2006, 10:08 AM   #167
Shi'ark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One In Black
However, if one is suffering more severe depression, it's going to take more than a change in diet to break free. I don't want to discount the great effects of diet and exercise, but it's important for people who are severely depressed to not be hard on themselves because they changed their diet and yet they still feel depressed.
You’re right in pointing this out. Thanks.

I don’t have the book with me so I can’t give any names places and dates but one example that I know of is the case of a 23-year-old man who had suffered from very bad depression from child hood. After year of being treated with drugs that didn’t help his doctor subscribe fish oil capsules.

Yes that right fish oil or more to the point omega 3 that if found in fish. It worked.

Diet changes seem to work best with those with a deficiency whit the neurotransmitter sara-toe-min (I can’t spell that right), but not necessarily with those with a history of long term abuse, bereavement or stress. Every brain is different and the way stimuli effects the brain is also different with every one. So too with the treatment of every one whit some kind of mental illness, one thing could work with Mr A but not with Mr B so well.

What helped me out might not do so well with some, but try it before you get pumped fall of drugs. That at times can make the problem so much more worse. I knew some one who killed himself because of his medication.

Depression is a complex problem and like all mental illness not completely understood because of are limited knowledge of the brain.