View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 08:01 PM   #11
Saya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Room 5
You worded that wrong. You made it sound as if the cape had the accent instead of the man. Besides, in 2008 having any vampire walking around in a cape and a Romanian accent is ridiculous.

But I see your point. Vampires are traditionally associated with "old world" Europe. OTOH, blacks make some kick ass zombies since that tradition comes from Haiti and when whites blunder into that tradition it usually makes for an equally bad movie. I can simply mention White Zombie and The Serpent and the Rainbow and rest my case. When a good zombie movie has white zombies it must usually ignore most of the real zombie beliefs to account for the zombies. Night of the Living Dead and the sequels are the best examples; they're excellent movies but are only good because they've ignored or rewrote the zombie's origins.
Thats true, most early zombie flicks were focused around black people and da voodoo, and the white people who inevitably had to defeat them. Curious though is that the one behind it all was usually white, like Bela Lugosi in White Zombie or whatisname in King Of The Zombies.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote