View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 02:05 PM   #14
AshleyO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Oh now. I'm sure they just made up those complains. Oh well... they have a point, but it's not THAT bad. They should just be brave and we'll just complain at them.

Quote:
Harassment

There are plenty of legal recourses that female bloggers have. Responding via these avenues is not censorship, rather it is their own freedom of speech being legally upheld by the state, in the face of private attempts at censorship.
It's incredibly affective too. I guess I just didn't know these things existed.

Quote:
You don't have to oppose free speech to support the existing laws we already have that makes behaviors like the one's you describe criminal. It's a straw man argument to say that liberals oppose these laws, because they don't even the bluest of the blue-dog democrats would not oppose the legislation I linked above. The only people who would might be right-wing libertarians or conservatives who just don't care.
Because that's what I was talking about. Laws.

Quote:
When the State doesn't pursue these avenues, (usually owing to the blogger's minority status) it's not an example of the state using free speech to justify the attacks (though some might make this claim), it's an example of the state opposing free speech when it comes from the oppressed because once again, the state can never work for the oppressed, it works exclusively for the oppressors.
And yet here we are again. You are MAKING MY CASE FOR ME.

"God always picks the strangest things to get angry about. Get an abortion or gay married and he'll aim a tornado right at you.

Rip off a million poor people and Wall street has no problems. " -Rebecca B
AshleyO is offline   Reply With Quote