View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #18
Solumina

I don't really want to get involved in an intensive debate here but I feel compelled to say something.

You keep saying religious privilege but you're only really showing that very select religions have any privilege. You yourself have said acknowledged that many religions face persecution for their faith. I think if you were talking about Christian privilege, or even Judeo-Christian privilege this dialogue would be rather different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despanan View Post
Different situation. I'm a dude - young men tend to be more willing to verbally/violently confront other young men at that age.
Do you have a source for that? Most research into bullying and peer violence that I'm aware of indicates that females are much more frequently on the receiving end both from males and other females in every age groups. People have this concept of boys interacting aggressively with each other but the truth is that such interactions between boys are just more likely to be noticed and remembered.

Also she said that she did receive confrontation just not until after she converted so even taken into consideration the fact that you think people were more likely to be aggressive with you I fail to see how you can say it is a different situation as she was still the recipient of aggressive behavior due to her faith.
Live a life evolutionary with me
-Carbon Leaf
Solumina is offline   Reply With Quote