View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #12
Saya

I actually haven't seen Man of Steel yet (I heard mixed things, especially about how Superman's optimism was gone so I was like eh). I think having Hal as the Green Lantern was a very poor choice; who likes Hal? Why not go with Jon Stewart, who many Green Lantern fans not only love but grew up with? If a JL movie is endgame, its looking to be an all while dude party with maybe Wonder Woman.

See, I could MAYBE forgive Batman for only whitewashing one; Ra's was kind of a racist stereotype in origin anyway. But Talia could still have been half Chinese, Bane could have been Latino, and Catwoman could have been black or Latina or both, she hasn't been white in the comics since like the eighties (canonically I mean, many artists whitewash her and Talia both).

Perry was the only one actually racebent towards a person of Colour. Overwhelmingly when the race is changed, its changed to make the character white.

And while I'm sure the actress is lovely, Amanda Waller is "The Wall." She's supposed to be a pretty big woman.
Saya is offline   Reply With Quote