View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 07:29 AM   #19
DeathToLems

Woah it sounds like exactly like what AD said

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelikDemonik
... talk about how depressed and suicidal they are, and then get mad when I want to help them.
For him to go mental at you like that is really out of order. But if you think about it, that was expected really.

He's got a problem and people with problems need help. They know that but when someone tries to do the best they can think of to help them they flip out!
This guy sounds like he don't know what he wants.
OK so maybe telling his parents about his situation and telling them that its so bad he needs to be put in to a home could have sounded way worse to him then what it actually is. But for all this grief to be put on you is not fair, and with you trying your best to help him has turned him against you. I think you should do what AD done and not talk to him for a while. He needs to realise that you saw what he was doing to himself and that it made you worry so much for him that you actually had the heart to try and help but he shot you down and turned his back on you.
Hopefully he will realise that you was there for him and now after doing what a REAL friend would do in this case it's going to be him that loses you because of his actions.

I would also write a letter or something to tell him how you feel and why you done what you thought needed to be done.
Mention how worried you was for his sake and you didn't want to lose him over something like this. Something that can be controlled. Its short term relief so it will make him want to keep doing it. Cutting isn't gonna solve anything.
Once you've wrote everything you want to say its up to him to sort him self out and see how harming himself is harming you too.

(p.s I have a friend who just stopped talking to me and seems for no apparent reason. This is why I agree on the letter writing. Or some kind of explanation why they don't want to talk no more)
DeathToLems is offline   Reply With Quote