View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:14 PM   #455
Renatus

Location: Back in Wisconsin(thinking about invading the south)
FINALLY, AFTER 8 YEARS OF WAITING, I HAVE FINISHED Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Ever since I heard about the game at a hotel room near Fort Mccoy Wisconsin(we were there for a change of command ceremony if memory serves me right), through the repeated commercials on tech tv(we didn't and still don't have cable tv, not that I watch tv anymore), the commercials from that brief time got me hooked on the game. Top that off with the fact that the game's website was amazing.

Though in many ways the game ended up being quite different from the website due to a changing out of a lot of employees, and the new employees had to rush out a altered story line in a very short amount of time. Combine that with the fact that the game company went completely under due to the unfortunate timing of the game release compared to other far more popular games overshadowing it's release, leaving them a short amount of time to fix as many of the issues as they possibly could. Activision the greedy bastards that they were(probably Ventrue) didn't care at all about fixing up the game, so it was left up to the players to come up with unofficial patches. In spite of all it's flaws it has become a cult classic of a game, a game that gave a genuinely unique and original experience never seen before or since.

It wouldn't be for another 4 years(I think) until I actually got the game, and I never ended up getting past hollywood, due to what I think was procrastination out of disappointment that my haven was stuck at the crappy one in santa monica due to bugs and missed content due to the loss of Troika Games (the game's creator). So eventually I heard about a unofficial patch that would solve the problem, unfortunately it ended up causing graphics problems with the computer. So it would not be until FINALLY when I got this laptop, and transferred the game to this that I finally managed to get around to beating the game.

I also ended up torrenting the game, because gamestop's game download service(I bought a downloadable version from their website) just wasn't working.

So now after 8 years, in spite of the fact that I have watch the ending on youtube several times

"Never overestimate the intellect of someone so foolish that they would exploit and perpetuate stupidity in the people around them, for they create their own damnation as they tear out and sell the pillars that support society as a whole, bringing it crashing down upon them."-me

“I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.”- Einstein
Renatus is offline   Reply With Quote