Thread: Rant Thread II
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #7121
Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saya View Post
Heh, after a friend of mine found out an ex had cheated on her and the girl he left her for started messaging her on facebook rubbing it in her face, she, very much a feminist she is, called her a slut. And then felt bad, but I think that goes to show its not something we can reclaim. We're always going to think of a negative meaning.

Honestly for what you mean it to mean, I usually say dickweed. Or douchenozzle. I try to get creative, basically.
I don't think I'd feel bad for anything I said to someone who did that to me. Seriously, it's one thing to be the 'other woman', but to feel good about it to the point of rubbing it in is just... [word I can't even come up with. Insert colorful swear words instead].

Anyway, now I'm back with a new rant.

When it comes to buying supportive bras I have no idea what I'm doing. I know my size, that's all fine and good, but the problem is I'm cheap and so I always end up with a drawer of those cheap-ish and pretty bras (and a couple of somewhat okay sports bras). Now that I'm getting irritated with boob movement, and am trying to create a closet of ridiculously supportive bras, I am realizing wtf, why are good sports bras so expensive?

Those under armor ones from the commercials are 70 bucks a pop! That's 35 dollars a boob!

And this is why I'm going to end up stocking up on cheap bras from winners/la senza/whatever and just wearing two at a time.
Valhalla is offline   Reply With Quote