View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #5033
Fruitbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solumina View Post
While it is true that society isn't great about dealing with suicide the military seems to really take it to an extreme. As I said people can loose their clearance and their job for showing any emotional response. They won't just be looked down upon or mocked for being distraught, their career could be ruined if they even acknowledge it as a significant event.
Such a sad state of affairs.

I recently heard on the radio, of a lady who had terminal cancer, with a couple of young kids, whose husband was overseas (in the army I believe) serving his country, and she was afraid to use the military support service, in case it reflected badly on her husband. She even didn't want to get him back home on compassionate grounds, because she thought it would reflect on his military service in a negative way. Instead, her parents moved in with her, and were nursing her and caring for her two small children.

Now that's seriously fucked up.

@Timeless: poopers.

Saya - it's superbowl time of the year? it's the only game I watch, and I have absolutely no idea what they are doing, but I know when someone gets the ball, I yell Run.

"Always be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle." - Plato

Help me, I'm holding on for dear life

Fruitbat is offline   Reply With Quote